The Mexican region of the Mayan World, integrated by the states of Campeche, Chiapas, Quintana Roo, Tabasco, and Yucatan, comprises 241,784 km2, is considered within the commitments of the federal government to promote regional development and consolidate tourism as a true national priority.
This effort of Mexico is part of a multinational alliance involving the Central American countries of Belize, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras. Heirs also of the legacy of that pre-Hispanic civilization, within the framework of the Mundo Maya Organization.
Promote the strengthening of the Mundo Maya region, through strategies and actions aimed at the development of new products and the consolidation of the existing offer, within the framework of sustainable tourism development, with the participation of the public and private sectors and incorporating the local communities
The Mundo Maya region offers both national and international tourism in the following segments: sun and beach, culture, ecotourism and adventure, diving, cruises, business, and conventions.
• Strengthen the integration of the regional tourism product, promoting the sustainability and development of the region.
• Promote quality and excellence in the provision of tourism services.
• Coordinate actions of promotion and commercialization of the regional tourist product.
• Support the Mundo Maya Organization's consolidation and strengthen ties with the Central American countries belonging to it.
• Coordinate inter-institutional actions for the facilitation and development of infrastructure and services in the region.
• Encourage the development and investment of tourism products seeking the availability of accessible financing offers.
• Promote the rescue of archaeological zones.
• Promote the sustainable development of the region.
• Integrate circuits that include the five Mexican states.
• Support in the formation of quality circles.
• Support wholesale operators for the promotion of the regional product.
• Encourage participation in promotional events for tourism investments and support the creation of investment portfolios in the region.
• Position the Mundo Maya brand through participation in national and international fairs and the execution of regional promotion campaigns.
• Offer competitive and differentiated tourism products from the Mexican states to the national and international market.
• Obtain support from international organizations for the development and strengthening of the Mayan World.
• Participation in the forums of interference of the Mundo Maya Organization.
For more information about this program, please contact us.